SKIN PEELS

Superficial skin peels stimulate skin cells, promote collagen levels and encourage elastin production for firmer looking skin. Old surface cells build up, harden, and lose moisture dehydrating the skin’s surface causing congestion. The superficial peel clears away the old to make way for fresh, new, beautiful skin.

What are Chemical Peels?
Peeling (exfoliation) is a natural process. Chemical peeling is an accelerated form of exfoliation induced by the use of a chemical agent. Peels are really a matching game. You need to successfully match the depth of the peel with the depth of the problem you are trying to correct. There is no reason to do a dermal peel to correct an epidermal problem, and it is a waste of time to do an epidermal peel to try to correct a dermal problem. All the same, there are very few people who would not benefit from some type of skin peel.

What are the Safest and Most Effective Peels?
TCA, Phenol and other strong acid peels work via a process of destruction. Destruction chemical peels injure the skin causing inflammation, burning and even blistering – requiring a downtime healing process from 7 to 10 days. Destruction chemical peels may have a long-term negative impact on the ageing skin. We know that cells have a finite number of cell divisions in our lifetime (programmed “ageing” regulated by telomere-length reduction after cell division), we now know that repeated “destruction” of viable living epidermis associated with harsher chemical peels may actually lead to more rapid onset of ageing in later years! Superficial Chemical Peels in low concentration and with a buffered pH (such as those in the PRIORI® line) are the safest method of skin exfoliation. They accelerate the results of home-care products and work via induction rather than destruction. They do not destroy living tissue, do not increase cellular mitosis, but do stimulate the skin to produce essential compounds such as collagen, elastin and glycosaminoglycan’s necessary to produce vibrant healthy skin. Ph. Buffered Lactic Acid has been shown to stimulate Hyaluronic Acid deposition in the dermis by 70- 95% more effectively than any other AHA. This is because Lactic Acid (natural to the body) is the “wound-healing” AHA that mimics how the skin would naturally “heal” itself via a Hyaluronic-Acid-and-Collagen response mechanism.

Why Peels Are More Popular Than Ever?
The last 25+ years of Cosmeceutical-strength skincare has highlighted those “exclusive”, “ground-breaking” ingredients that have survived the test of time and the distance. In fact, there have only been three:
1. Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) as a compound
2. Vitamin A
3. Antioxidants.
The popularity of AHAs is now such that large European Skincare Houses that once feared and eschewed AHAs now incorporate them into their top-of-the-line anti-aging skincare products. Consumer demand for younger-looking skin and treatments that show visible results enforced the change. Importance of Home Care Chemical peels are only one step in the skincare program. It is important that they are tailored to each patient/client. You should discuss your expectations with your therapist in order to satisfactorily achieve desired results. Chemical peels account for approximately 30% of total skincare results. An effective home-care program (those 5-10 minutes twice a day) will always account for the other 70%.
– The type and number of products used for home care usually depends on severity of problem, speed of results, and the need for long-term maintenance.
– Product selection depends on skin type and condition, desired results, and time period in which those results are to be achieved.
– Home-care products can be used in addition to, rather than instead of, regular cosmetic products.

Peels and a Peel Program:
For best results begin professional home-care twice a day for 10 days prior to the first peel. Peel courses are usually 3, 6 or 9 treatments, one per week, to deliver maximum results. Similar to a fitness program for the skin.

+click to expand+ click to close

Duration: 30 minutes
Price: $120

 

Course of 3 ($300) or 6 ($550)
Book an Appointment
fleurdelysmedispa
shop online

Product ranges include: Les Sens de Marrakesh, Dermalogica, HydroPeptide, Payot, Priori, UMO

Read More
+
Gift Voucher

Designer gift certificates to suit every lifestyle and occasion

Read More
+
Spa Parties

Choose from our Spa Party Packages or we can customize your parties! Exclusive tailor made packages

Read More
+
Spa Packages

Hammam Ritual, One Day One Desert, Royal Oriental Hammam, Design your own Half Day Package

Read More
+