Sensitivity / Sensitised
Sensitive skin is genetically predisposed.Sensitive is common, particularly around the nose, eyelids and cheek area it can be associated with other conditions such as dehydrated, mature, allergic or acne skin.
Sensitive skin is genetically predisposed.Sensitive is common, particularly around the nose, eyelids and cheek area it can be associated with other conditions such as dehydrated, mature, allergic or acne skin. Some people are born with this type of delicate and sensitive skin.
Sensitised skin is hyper -reactive skin and a result of exposure to external factors such as chemical, lifestyle, climate, pollution it can occur in anyone.
Both will react faster and more intensely to environmental factors (like heat, temperature ,heat or extreme cold) or external stimulation( like cosmetics, skin care products) and stress. We will treats Sensitive / Sensitised skin the same method.
The characteristics of dehydrated skin are as follow:
– the skin may show high colouring like redness or pink
– there are usually broken capillaries in the cheek area
– the skin feels warm or heat to touch
– there is superficial flaking of the skin
– skin texture may appear thin and translucent
– the skin may feels itchy or burning
– small rash – like bumps
– the skin may have excessive dry skin
The skin’s natural barrier, protection and Acid Mantle (PH) has been compromised causing certain products or ingredients that strong to make the skin have a sensitive reaction.
Cause of Sensitivity / Sensitised:
– Fragrance in skincare products
– Expose too much sun
– Over exfoliating
– Preservatives in products
– Incorrect products usage